Everything You Need to Know about Potency and Its Dysfunction
Sexual health is very important for every man. According to statistics, more than 52% of men have problems in the sexual sphere. However, this figure is not entirely accurate, because many men are just shy and afraid to seek medical advice with their problems. The main reason for the decline of potency among young people is psychological problems, among adults – organic disorders. How to increase potency? This question worries almost every representative of the stronger sex at least once.
What is Potency?
The potency is a notion describing male sexuality and the ability to implement sexual intercourse. It is determined by the speed and proper erection, duration of sexual intercourse and its features. This concept cannot be equated to having a sexual attraction and the number of sexual acts. With reference to the female sex, this term is almost never used. A healthy man can retain the ability to full sexual intercourse until natural death as the male menopause does not depend on age, and has its own reasons.
Possible signs of a good male potency:
- normal weight, average growth;
- developed muscles;
- skin without acne scars and defects, normal scalp;
- rapid response to irritants, good coordination of movements;
- excellent sense of smell;
- high mental capacity and sense of humor;
- calm and poise;
- a low tone of voice;
- some carelessness in clothes and appearance.
Despite the widely held view, baldness is not a sign of a good or a bad potency.
Factors that have a negative impact on the potency:
- a sedentary lifestyle, sedentary work;
- smoking and alcohol abuse;
- neuro-psychiatric disorders, depressed emotional state;
- certain medications: psychotropic, anti-hypertension, anti-tumor;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system, such as atherosclerosis;
- endocrine disease: diabetes, thyroid disease, decreased secretion of sex hormones;
- brain tumor;
- diseases of the genitourinary system;
- infections that are sexually transmitted: anaplasmosis, mycoplasmosis;
- overcooling or overheating;
- admission of steroid hormones in bodybuilding;
- irregular sexual life;
What is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction (impotence) is a disorder of the reproductive system when a man is not able to perform sexual intercourse due to insufficient increase and hardening of the penis, as well as the inability to maintain an erection for a long time. The term “impotence” in medicine is almost not used today, as it is inaccurate and outdated. Erectile dysfunction can be psychogenic, organic and mixed. In 80% of cases, it is caused by various diseases and has an organic character. However, men tend to write off their sexual problems to failures at work and in the family, so only 10% of men who have problems with potency seek medical help.
Symptoms of organic erectile dysfunction:
- The disease begins gradually;
- night spontaneous erections are absent;
- erectile dysfunction has a systematic character;
- normal libido and ejaculation.
Symptoms of psychogenic erectile dysfunction:
- The disease begins suddenly;
- psychological problems, discord in the relationship with the partner;
- spontaneous night erection is present;
- erection problems arise sometimes;
- troubleshooting after the normalization of relations.
What changes in the behavior of men should alert a woman?
- The man specifically avoids sexual intercourse, for example, refers to fatigue;
- does not initiate sexual intercourse;
- ignores erotic suggestions and hints.
How to increase potency and prevent erectile dysfunction?
It’s necessary to follow the following guidelines to improve the potency:
- maintain a healthy lifestyle, follow the diet, exercise regularly;
- monitor your health;
- do not smoke, drink alcohol and drugs;
- use drugs only on prescription;
- avoid trauma, stress, and hypothermia;
- regular sex;
- perform specific exercises for potency.
It is recommended to use the following foods to improve the potency:
Honey, almonds, avocados, coconuts, figs, walnuts and celery. These substances can help men maintain their sexual health and increase virility.
How to Treat Erectile Dysfunction?
95% of men suffering from erectile dysfunction are prescribed certain medications.
Currently used methods of impotence treatment:
- inhibitors of PDE5 drugs: Viagra, Levitra;
- plant-based means (ginseng, pumpkin seeds, St John’s wort);
- drugs injected into the corpus cavernosum and urethra;
- treatment with the vacuum;
- massage and physiotherapy;
- surgical techniques (low efficiency).
Any drug to increase the potency can be applied only after a preliminary examination.
Such means can be divided into three groups:
- preparations containing yohimbine;
- products based on cantharidin;
- restorative material.
Their action is based on increasing blood flow to the penis and the relaxation of smooth muscle. They also expand the blood vessels of the corpora cavernosa, thereby enhancing erection. All these drugs do not create sexual desire by artificial means and only reinforce the existing potency. Their term of action is different: “Viagra” (sildenafil) – up to 4 hours, “Levitra” (Vardenafil) – 8-10 hours, “Zydana” (Udenafil) – 24 hours. The dosage is prescribed by the doctor individually. Some men take medication every day, while others – 3 times per week. Drugs in this group should be taken with caution by people suffering from diseases of the cardiovascular system, increased nervous irritability, insomnia, and elderly people. They are contraindicated in these conditions: angina, allergies, convulsions, arrhythmia, bleeding tendency, the age under 18. The mentioned medications may be purchased in Trusted Tablets – an online pharmacy that operates 24 hours per day. Be healthy!